Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Photography






I posted some new belts today in my etsy shop. That requires good photo skills and longer-than-expected editing skills. I am very limited in the amount of creativity that I can muster when doing this task. Although, I was amused by my latest product photography attempt.

I found a stack of old, heavy, cafeteria trays that are patiently waiting for that perfect inspiration. I am considering painting them, etching them, maybe I will try to do some decal transfers, perhaps decoupage them in fabric? I do want to make sure folks can actually eat off of them - can you eat off car paint? hmmm

For now, they are their tidy steel selves, unblemished. I am not sure what a belt has to do with breakfast trays, but it gave me an excuse to get out my Sesame Street Rocket mug and set up a little eye candy.

There are soooo many good photographers on Etsy, it will take a lot for my things to rise to the top.
But for now, a morning's amusement and a bit of thanks for a sunny day.

2 comments:

Ria said...

Hi Becca,
I'd like to let you know that I featured one of you T-shirts (with the helicopters) on my blog http://oddwise.blogspot.com.
Maybe you'd like a look.
Greetings from Holland, Ria

Becca said...

Thanks, Ria - I tried to post a comment to you - enjoyed your blog - it's so colorful! cheers for boys!