Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finally!


I finally finished a promised project; a buckle frame for a Montessori toddler classroom. Although I searched for buckles, it is seemingly impossible to find leather straps with metal buckles. I did find pink pleather, but. . . that didn't seem appropriate. The closest I could purchase was metal buckles and then buy and insert grommets into the strap side. Hmph. To simplify, I thrifted some belts. Part of me hated destroying perfectly good belts, but, they are actually being used. This completes the set of zippering, snapping, buttoning and buckling work. I suppose it could easily grow to include other types of buckles, velcro and hook and eyes . . .

3 comments:

starrhillgirl said...

Didn't we talk about one that had bra-hooks on it? And the children would have to do it blind-folded and one-handed?

becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

That and garter belts . . .
but those are "adult" "work"